AIKPRO are still being dodgy and paypal have not clamped down on them

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor

I have been in a bit of a stouch recently with a company called AIKPRO.LIMITED that I purchased a Cat Treadmill (it's like a mouse or hamster treadmill, but bigger) from.  What turned up was a very junky plastic toy with balls around it, which my cats dismantled in a matter of minutes. 
I was already in the process of contacting the seller and told them I wanted a full refund as their actions were fraudulent - they offered a 40% discount and "keep the junk" essentially, so I escalated to Paypal. 
I'm honestly really disappointed with Paypal's handling of this. They have in effect sided with the seller and pushed on the option of sending the item back, they've even offered reimbursement of the shipping costs up to $X , but I'm at a point now, where it isn't just about the money. 
It's about the number of other people who I have found on here that have been scammed by the same process and finding out that there's several other complaints listed in here about the same company, leaves me feeling rather jaded by this experience and lacking in the trust of Paypal's so-called Buyer Protection. 
It would appear as though PP are fully aware of the complaints from others, yet have done nothing. 

The return address the scammers use is <removed> <-- it's actually from entering this address that I found the other posts in this forum. 
So, where does one take a complaint against paypal to and to what end? It feels like the customer service team are just regurgitating the same fluff to all of us about how they value customers, one even told me that these kinds of sellers are "the enemy" of paypal.  THAT is laughable. 

Any advice on where I can take this to both to get Paypal to be accountable and at least make things difficult for the scammers for a while

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Wendy645
Do you have a contact email for them? I ordered from them, but nothing ever came and I never got a confirmation email to reply to. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry Wendy, I only have the email that came via paypal.
Login to Me Too

Freckles22
Contributor
Contributor
I have been experiencing the same malarkey from PayPal. I got fed up and called my credit union to see if my credit card had any kind of fraud protection that would cover PayPal’s bad behavior (essentially working WITH Aikpro to scam so many). The fraud department is very interested and wants me to bring printouts of my conversations with PayPal. I hope they can stick it to Aikpro and get my $ back. I encourage you to do the same if you used a credit card through PayPal. PayPal is CLEARLY condoning the behavior.
Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor
I wish you luck on that one! For mine, they (Paypal) ended up sending footing the bill for me to return the package to the seller and once I provided the proof f postage receipt, I had my money back for the postage and for the treadmill within the next 5 days I think I was. The link below should help you. Paypal does have an online chat system which helped me too, so when you talk to them, tell them you're aware of multiple cases including mine. My case number was PP-D-82209492 https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns
Login to Me Too

Beverleysh
Contributor
Contributor
I had exactly the same issue. Ordered treadmill, got 2 round ball cat toys. Aitko offered 40% refund. Full refund if returned at my expense. I don't see why I should be out of pocket for something I didn't even order. I can't even get response from paypal and case will be closed this week!
Login to Me Too

caileneamh
Contributor
Contributor
For mine, they (Paypal) ended up sending footing the bill for me to return the package to the seller and once I provided the proof f postage receipt, I had my money back for the postage and for the treadmill within the next 5 days I think I was. The link below should help you. Paypal does have an online chat system which helped me too, so when you talk to them, tell them you're aware of multiple cases including mine. My case number was PP-D-82209492 https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns
Login to Me Too

Beverleysh
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for info
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.