Favorite Charity? Austin Siamese Rescue at http://www.austinsiameserescue.org

Austin_lesagirl
New Community Member

Austin Siamese Rescue (ASR) is a great "for paws" charity. Although it only has about 12 part-time volunteers, the group works tirelessly to help Siamese, Orientals, and Siamese "mix" cats and kittens find permanent or foster homes. ASR members even go to the city  shelter  to remove "at risk" cats and kittens from crowded "cage" conditions and into foster homes where the felines can have a nurturing environment.  (At the city shelter, all cats and kittens are at risk of being euthanized).  Cats are then placed in loving foster homes and given all medical care needed.  These lucky kitties get photographed, evaluated for any special "home" needs -- based on their "purr-sonality", and then are "up" for adoption.

But not just to anyone -- ASR home and foster volunteers "VET" each application to make sure it is a suitable home before placing a cat or kitten there -- inlcuding a home visit ! If a cat does not "fit" in the home for some reason, ASR even takes the cat back into foster care, and works with "adoptee" families to find the best kitty for them.  ASR even fosters and places special needs kitties, such as those who might have Feline Leukemia.  It also has a "lost" and "found"  board on its website, for people who have lost a Siamese.  I know all of this first-hand, because a few years ago, I fostered 4 kittens that were taken from the crowded city animal shelter by ASR.  One kitten was adopted out within a few months; two of the kittens were Maine Coon, but were also rescued because they had a Siamese "mix" sister.  The 4 kittens would probably have been euthanized, due to crowding.

Austin Siamese Rescue volunteers really work hard, and many spend hundreds of their own dollars to take care of and try and find "forever" homes for Austin cats and kittens.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.