PayPal HERE card reader

Bewildered1
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased PayPal here card reader in March this year unfortunately card reader stopped working unable to pair with blue tooth.

Tried factory reset without luck

Contacted customer services only to be told that the unit I had bought did not have any manufacturesr warranty as it was bought through a third party and not direct from PayPal.

Further advised that a number of obsolete units MK1 were sold to their 3rd party agents Argos and Plumb Centre as they were having a lot of cicuitary problems (i.e unit not fit for pupose). On this basis I would have to go back to the 3rd party agent as the manufacturers gaurantee was not valid.

Third party agent Plumb Centre advised I would have to go back to PayPal customer services as a high number of the units they had sold had been returned faulty.

Great customer service from PayPal and Plumb Centre, buyer beware as you may be left with a card reader that is not fit for purpose but still being sold.

Last resort now to make a formal complaint which will probably land on deaf ears

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Bewildered1,

So sorry to hear you have had this experience, we'd like to have this looked into further.

Have you since been in touch with us around this issue or do you still need help?

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.