Card reader won't reset

Domheats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

i have aves one of the White PayPal here card readers  flashing green and red. I haven't justed It for a while and put it on charge but it won't connect to my phone.

I have tried holding the reset button down, for very long periods! it just reboots, starts flashing green and eventually the red light is added to this flashing green light.

I have tried turning it off and on again, holding the sync button but nothing is working. Is there any way I can reset this device in an attempt to get it working again?

Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get the bluetooth light to illuminate at all.

Thanks

Dom

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi guys. 

Sorry to hear that you both have been experiencing difficulties when trying to complete a factory reset on your PayPal Here devices.

If you are unable to complete a factory reset on your devices but you are still experiencing difficulties, you should try reaching out to our PayPal Here team directly and we can look into this further on your behalf. This can be done by calling us directly on <removed> or <removed> and we can assist you further.

Can you please let us know how it goes?

David.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Melmoth
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same issue - flashing red and green, won't reset, no bluetooth light after not using it for a while (also white v1). Can anybody help?

Login to Me Too

Melmoth
Contributor
Contributor

I've now spoken to the helpdesk and apparently that means its had an "impact" (despite being stored on a shelf in its box for months without moving) and its anti-tampering device has been set off, which cannot be reset. Which is not good news. The chap rather chirpily told me that in that case it's as much use as a brick.

I've had to order a new one. Not happy but appears to be no other solution.

Login to Me Too

Domheats
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information, but that is not good. Mine has been in its box in a draw since the last time of use.

I think i will sent up an account with Izettle as their machine is cheaper and offer the same service.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_david

Hi guys. 

Sorry to hear that you both have been experiencing difficulties when trying to complete a factory reset on your PayPal Here devices.

If you are unable to complete a factory reset on your devices but you are still experiencing difficulties, you should try reaching out to our PayPal Here team directly and we can look into this further on your behalf. This can be done by calling us directly on <removed> or <removed> and we can assist you further.

Can you please let us know how it goes?

David.

Login to Me Too

Domheats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David 

I got the same response from the helpdesk as Melmoth got.... its been dropped or tampered with so we cant replace it after a year as it is out of warrenty so please spend £50 and buy a new one!!

Izettle offers the same transaction fees but a cheaper card reader, will most likely open an account with them!

Dom

Login to Me Too

PseudoSanity
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_david

Hi Domheats.

Sorry to hear that you were advised to purchase a new card reader in this instance.

Would it be possible for both of you guys to reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter and we can see if there is anything that we can do to help? 

You can contact us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.