facebook credits

pepsiandjac
Contributor
Contributor

a few weeks ago i bought my 6 year old grandson facebook credits,they only cost around a £1,but now when i've checked my account he's spent over £80 in the last few days,apparently  when i bought the first lot my details were saved and he can buy anyhing on face without having to put any details in,it just goes through automaticly,does anyone know how i can block facebook

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SkyForce6
Contributor
Contributor

I was not aware of that you could use PayPal to pay for those credits. I just checked my account on FB and I only have the option to use a Credit/Debit card to connect to my FB account. Perhaps PayPal is only available for certain countries such as the UK.

Anyway you have to enter your grandsons FB and go here: https://secure.facebook.com/settings?tab=payments

There you should be able to remove any payment method. You must know your sons password to enter those options tough.

You or the parents should also contact first Facebook and if those do not listen, then contact both PayPal and possibly your bank to let them know about the situation in order to reverse those payments that was not authorized by you. Minors are not allowed to pay for stuff on line, only parents/legal guardians are. Therefor any payments done by minors are not considered legit and must be payed back. At least thats the way the law looks in Sweden and many other EU countries (not 100% sure about the UK tough).

Login to Me Too

pepsiandjac
Contributor
Contributor

thanks you for the reply,i've just been on his facebook and removed the saved payment,i'll try and sort the other things out now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.