Un-Help!

CEKH
Contributor
Contributor

Forgive me if I sound angry, but that is because I am!  I have spent the last hour on Ebay and Paypal trying to actually get to a screen that will allow me to request some actual help from a real person!  Bottom Line, I bought a memory card end of January it's faulty (fake) and doesn't work.  Seller agreed to replace with Brand name and told me to return it.  I did (at my cost).  Have I received the replacement?  You guessed it.  Now tell me, how do I get through the Ebay Q & A screens to actually get help with this?  I am bombarded with useless "tick" boxes that don't match my problem, and if I try to request a return in the purchase history I'm told it is over 180 days so no refund is available - same on the Ebay 'guarantee'.   I've tried to deal with this the "nice way" ie: contacted the seller, but that appears to have cost me dear!  Does life really have to be this complicated?  AArrgghh!  And whilst I am having a rant, having looked at the Feedback for this particular Seller, it appears they are quite a dab hand at this trick - so why are Ebay letting them get away with it?  How about some Buyer protection?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CEKH

You have up to 180 days post payment to open a dispute / claim.

After that neither Ebay or paypal can do anything for you.

Suggest if you funded that payment via a credit card you contact them to see if they will chargeback for you but unfortunately they to often have a 6 month cut off point.

If you want to phone customer service then click on help / support bottom of this page and use the phone option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DanielJR
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi there CEKH,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you have experienced navigating eBay. Regrettably eBay is something we can't help with, however you should still be able to file a buyer complaint via the PayPal resolution center for item Not as Described.

As @kernowlass has informed correctly, you have up to 180 days after the payment completed to file a claim through the PayPal resolution center and can do so by following the below steps;

Please copy and paste the below link into your browser and you shall be guided on open a claim on your payment:

goo.gl/9REOqI

I hope that this helps you file a claim and get a refund for the item returned. 🙂

-DanielJR

Login to Me Too

CEKH
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks guys for taking the trouble to reply. 

I tried phoning Paypal but was met with an automated answer with 'press this for that' all of which I went through, but none of which led me to a real person with whom to discuss my problem - I gave up which no doubt was what they wanted - no Customer Service whatsoever!

In EBay, I am unable to open a case in the reso!ution centre because  when I input either the transaction number or seller ID it throws up the infuriating "oops that's seems to be I correct" dialogue, and I can't get any further. In Paypal, I finally thought I was getting somewhere, but having clicked on Resolution Centre, and completed the form (15 times) it flags up the "something went wrong please try again" aaarrrgghhh

If I try to click on the purchased item, with a view to request a return it just tells me I am out with the sellers return policy. I purchased this on 27/1/17.  What use is the EBay Guarantee if I can't get hold of anyone to tell them my problem ? My husband says I should just write this off, but there is a principal here - this seller is  doing this all the time and getting away with it - surely EBay should be intervening????!! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CEKH

Your too late for an Ebay dispute but have you opened one on paypal?

Go and click on ''resolve a problem in the resolution centre'' lower left of your paypal summary page > open a dispute > put in what has happened and escalate to a claim.

If that does not work then phone again BUT  >>

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CEKH
Contributor
Contributor

Once again, I thank you for your time 🙂

I cannot open a case in Paypal - every time I try having completed the pages and "message to Seller" I get the message "Something went wrong, please try again".  This has happened around 25 times now over yesterday and today.  I am currently on hold to Paypal, having phoned numerous times, been through all the options, and never achieved a "real" person!  Seemingly I have to now wait between 16 and 25 minutes!  I've tried putting both mny house and mobile numbers in for a call back but guess what? "your number does not match our records!"

Honestly, it makes you wonder how Ebay and Paypal stay in business - perhaps it is because they are so very unreachable that folk like me just give up - and take the hit!  That must also be why Ebay continue to allow this particular Seller to keep on selling fake goods - it keeps them in business, and buyers such as myself are unable to resolve their problem!  Yep, I've spent the weekend **ssed off!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.