Suspected fraud by TBDress

abbyamadan
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya, We're looking for some advice as we think we may have fallen victim to fraud. 

My Daughter has been trying to find a dress for her formal/prom/deb ball and when we found a dress she loved online for a reasonable price on TBDress- a lovely website with lovely clothes on the 22nd of January, my daughter tried to purchase one. (After approving the transaction with me of course) the dress was $23.74. 

She clicked pay with PayPal as we always use it to be on the safe side and I showed her how to enter details and complete order, she clicked confirm and nothing happened then the website brought us back to the shopping cart and said "Transaction unsuccesful, please try again later". She was dissapointed of course as this was the first dress she liked so I let her try again. 

It failed 4 times and we gave up.

There was no cofirmation message, no order number, and it only asked for the details the first time, it didn't even load correctly 2/4 times but then last week we recieved TWO dresses and then a few days later ANOTHER ONE and now today we recieved yet another! 

I've just checked my PayPal account and there are FOUR transations of $23.74! 

Last night we spent hours talking to TBDress Online chat trying to resolve the situation but they weren't of very much help, they told us that we can send the dresses back and that the will give us a refund but they will not reimburse us for the large package that we'll need to send from Southern Ireland to China! 

This is not acceptable as there was no notice given of ANY transations or orders!

I'm sure other innocent parties have fallen victim to this! What can we do!?

Yours Faithfully, Abby McSherry.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abbyamadan

Oh dear i wish you had not said China.

We have more posts on items received but not as described from China sellers than all the other countries put together so i hope when you get the dresses that they are what you expect, i have my doubts.

The trouble is that as they won't cancel the order and you will need to return them you would need to send trackable to protect yourself BUT tracking does not always show as delivered in China. Also the cost is normally far more than the items themselves are worth, China sellers know this and so know if the item is misdescribed etc you are unlikely to be able to pursue them for a refund.

Much better to buy this sort of thing in your own country where you have rights against a business seller and a small claims court to fall back on.

Read the bottom 2 parts of this article >>>

http://www.highya.com/tbdress-reviews

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.