Suspected fraud on laptop return

cecilhill
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold my HP beats 390-nr laptop on ebay auction, The item was in Excellent condition. A day after buyer received the laptop he asked for a return saying he thought the screen was 13" and I agreed. Today when the laptop arrived I opened the box which appeared very thoroughly packaged and to my surprise, when I removed the battery beach sand was all over it and my table! I checked it very well and noticed that the front corner casing was cracked and the screen lifted up with another 2/more damaged spots along the left side with chipping and a dent, inside the battery you could see scratching where the sand grinded into it when it was re-installed. I just sent paypal an Email and asked them if they knew why there would be beach sand in my laptop battery compartment and on the keyboards as I live in Augusta Ga. and we only have sugar sand which is a yellowish color. The item was outside only once and that was after I boxed it and insured it for $300 and shipped it. This is not all, upon buyer having shipped it back to me, I put it back up for auction and it sold and I have a buyer waiting to receive this, Oh Boy,Doe's anyone think that this maybe the reason he said he thought it was a 13" screen and asked for a return when the item description for sale was a 15.6" screen and what should I do? I am 90/years old and am afraid I maybe getting taken advantage of. Thank You Everyone!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If this is indeed your laptop,then you have a case of Ebay rental!

He took it to the beach,used it and now want to return it.

You are too trusting,never rellist until you get the item back.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

did he open a case on Ebay or Paypal?

If he open a case on Ebay ,then your money is withheld awaiting tracking showed it has been returned to you,but you should see an option saying there are problems ,I dont recall the exact words,but meaning it aint the same condition,

you may want to call Ebay and ask them.

Login to Me Too

cecilhill
Contributor
Contributor

Point being=Never sell a laptop on Ebay if you paid more than $125 for it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.