Purchase denied by card issuer

laug
New Community Member

I!

I'm trying to make a purchase in ebay with paypal and when I confirm the purchase I get the following message: "We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, Visa x-5058. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer.". I phoned my card company and they explained that there is no problem with my card and that I do not need to authorize thi purchase with the card company and that the problem comes from PayPal. I've tried with different cards, different PayPal accounts and it all ends up with the same message from PayPal. How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@laug

Ask customer services to view your account for possible problems.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shannonh107

I had the same problem did you fix it at all and find out what's wrong if you had pay after delivery  on should nt do that 

@laug wrote:

I!

I'm trying to make a purchase in ebay with paypal and when I confirm the purchase I get the following message: "We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, Visa x-5058. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer.". I phoned my card company and they explained that there is no problem with my card and that I do not need to authorize thi purchase with the card company and that the problem comes from PayPal. I've tried with different cards, different PayPal accounts and it all ends up with the same message from PayPal. How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.