Pending payments

Nickjc1
Contributor
Contributor
So i bought something from a guy for $40 and i accidentally sent the 40 to a different person. I think the email i sent it to wasnt a valid email so its still pending, but its bothering me and i was wondering, does paypal only transfer money after payment is accepted or is it sent wether or not they have accepted it yet? I just dont want to lose 40 dollars. So also like how do i delete the payment?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nickjc1

If its pending / unclaimed then it has been sent to an email addy that is not linked to a paypal account.

HOWEVER if there is no 'cancel' option then that person would have received an email telling them to open a paypal account and 'claim' the payment.

If there IS a cancel option then it means that the email addy itself does not exist eg misspelt etc so you can use the cancel option and the funds will be returned to you.

If it remains unclaimed for 30 days then the funds are also released back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.