Paypal Credit & Steam

SuperJim86
Contributor
Contributor

hi!

I was looking at making a purchase using paypal credit. I've selected paypal credit as a preferred method for paying online,but I still can't buy anything using PP Credit, only by debit card or bank account. How can I pay for my games using Paypal Credit balance?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Jessica

Hi SuperJim86,

Welcome to the community.

Your best option if you have any specific PayPal Credit questions would be to give the PayPal Credit team a quick call.

If you are unable to use PayPal credit towards purchases, they can check this out for you and try and determine why.

You can call them directly on 0800 368 7155 and they can assist you further.

Please let us know how it goes.

Jessica.

Login to Me Too

Marcus_B
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jessica (and other community members)

Thanks for reply to SuperJim's post - I have a similar situation and could do with some help/advice.

I have an available PayPal Credit balance and I am trying to pay for an eBay item I have won, but I'm getting the following messages:

- on eBay: "looks like we need more information to complete this purchase ..." then requesting to log into PayPal;

- on PayPal: "I'm sorry but we can't send your payment right now"

There is no further insight as to why the transaction is not being processed - I have sufficient credit available.  I sent a message to PayPal via my account.  They stated requirements are that the transaction is in GBP, from a UK supplier, and that the amount is being paid in full, this being so then it should be fine for any supplier offering to receive payment via PayPal.

I made another small-value eBay purchase to check my PayPal was not blocked or suspended for some reason, and that transaction went through ok, which puzzles me even more!

I note the phone number you gave below - I'm currently out of the country and would prefer to speak with PayPal in an alternative manner than over the phone, although I can contact them when I return next week.  But my item is sitting with a winning bid but unpaid, and I don't want to get negative feedback because I can't transact the payment!

What do you think might be the issue, given the messages I'm receiving from eBay and Paypal?

Thanks

Marcus

Login to Me Too

SuperJim86
Contributor
Contributor

Everything is working fine now! Looks like the problem occurred just because I was abroad.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Marcus_B,

Welcome to the community.

Thanks for your query, as you are advising that you are out of the country and you are unable to call our credit team, we will escalate this on your behalf and someone from our Credit team will reach out to you soon.

Thanks,

Jessica.

Login to Me Too

Marcus_B
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jessica

I'm available by email.  I've also just changed my mobile number in PayPal to be my number whilst abroad, in case your team want to reach out by phone.

I note that eBay offer an online chat customer service facility, which is very handy, but PayPal do not have the same - it would be a good option, I think!

Thank you again for your help, and I wait to hear from your Credit team.

Best Regards

Marcus

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.