Payment completed in Paypal, pending in Ebay

stormyuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just bought an item from Ebay yesterday and the transaction went through fine. I have used Ebay and PayPal for years with no issue.

This time however in Ebay my payment shows an egg timer saying '17 Sept your payment is being processed via PayPal'.

When I log into PayPal it says Completed. My credit card (I usually use for PayPal/Ebay) has been charged.

I opened a chat with an Ebay rep who checked email addresses for the seller matched etc. All OK. So she advised emailing the seller with the PayPal unique transaction code. So I did that.

Seller emails back saying PayPal have put the release of funds to them on hold. So I call PayPal who say it could take up to 24 hours to realese the funds. Why is PayPal delaying the transaction when they have taken my money? Is this normal as for many years of using PayPal and Ebay this has never happened to me.

The lady at PayPal could not even give me a reason for it. I am not 100% confident the seller is going to get my cash. The PayPal rep also said I would not be informed of this. Only the seller will get an email when the funds are released. Why put 'completed' on my account transaction when it clearly isn't.

We will see indeed if the funds clear today but this delay is not helpful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Conor

Hi Stormyuk,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

It sounds to me like the payment has been completed successfully on your end and it has reached the seller's account.

If that's the case, your seller should now ship the item.

However, if you are concerned you can always report the problem in your resolution centre and open a dispute.

I hope this information helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.