Payment Pending for Hollister?

unome10
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I placed an order for a sale item on the 10th of February for Hollister and paid with PayPal. I didnt have the funds in my PayPal account but i do in my bank account which is linked with my account. In the past when i have made purchases without sufficient funds in my PayPal account the money comes straight out of my bank account, however, this time the Payment Status still says 'Pending' and when i click on the transaction details it says 'Pending Balance Payment' and at the bottom of the page says 'You have sent £XX GBP to Abercrombie & Fitch with PayPal'.

Why hasnt the money been taken out of my bank account? I am starting to worry that the order will get cancelled in which case i cant simply make the same purchase as the item was in the sale and is now out of stock, similar styles of the garment i purchased cost around £90.00 which is far too much for me. Please help me! 😞

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have your paypal account linked to your bank account but don't have a back up card on file with paypal then often for expensive amounts it will go as an echeque and take quite a while to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

unome10
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks for replying, the order value was £34.90 and i have more than enough to cover this amount, in the past i have purchased items online of a higer value and not had any issues :S

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi unome10, 

It sounds like the merchant you purchased from is using our "order and authorisation" option for their payments. 

When you have authorised a payment to a merchant, you have agreed to make a purchase for a specified amount.

With a basic authorisation, your payment will show as 'Pending' in your PayPal account until the merchant captures it. A capture is when funds move from your PayPal account to a merchant's PayPal account. After the capture the transaction will show as 'Complete' in your account and you will be notified in an email from PayPal that your payment is captured.

Merchants can capture the payment straight away; however in some instances they may need to capture the payment at a later date. For example they may need to confirm item availability, assemble your goods or account for late changes to the order.

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Jmatch
New Community Member

This also happend to me from Holister..The holister rep stated that when an item is in your basket and at checkout you select paypal and at the same time the order has been sold out, the payment will stay pending..They said after 30 days they delete the order automatically. For the inconvienience the rep gave me a promo code for twice my purchase.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.