Pay pal Credit limit.

Matthew_Mcgurk
New Community Member

Hello all, I've done some research and can't seem to find the answer. I'm looking to but a new IPad and its £300 with my education discount but my Credit limit is £250 on pay-pal. So can I still do this but just pay the difference of £50? 

Also they says its over 24 months can I just pay it back after 3?

Matthew Mcgurk 

Thank you in advance everyone!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Matthew_Mcgurk wrote:

Hello all, I've done some research and can't seem to find the answer. I'm looking to but a new IPad and its £300 with my education discount but my Credit limit is £250 on pay-pal. So can I still do this but just pay the difference of £50? 

Also they says its over 24 months can I just pay it back after 3?

Matthew Mcgurk 

Thank you in advance everyone!

Hi @Matthew_Mcgurk,

Your credit limit is the maximum amount of funds that PayPal have permitted to lend. As the price of the item exceeds the credit limit, the transaction will not be allowed. Some companies outside of PayPal would consider an overlimit occurrence as a default with a fee of around £12.

I cannot confirm whether PayPal will allow part credit, part payment, for the transaction. For example, credit on the first £250 but a payment for the remainder amount. Please click here to contact PayPal Customer Service for an accurate response to this theory.

In response to the payment period question; You have the entitlement to repay part or all of the credit balance, provided all other commitments on the account, such as the normal monthly repayment, are still honored - unless the balance was paid in full.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.