Pay After Delivery - Can I pay PayPal sooner

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

After using the excellent Pay After Delivery option - Can I pay PayPal sooner or do I have to wait the 14 days . I can see an option to Pay Now when I look at the Transaction Details, but clicking this link appears to do nothing. I have received my item that i purchased and I want to know that all persons involved are paid and satisfied now instead of having to wait 14 days before Paypal take money from me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Malcolm 

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

MalcolmF
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all for your help.  Tried to pay now again today and things worked fine.  Status now showing as completed. Nothing happened when I tried clicking on the pay now last week. First time I have tried the pay after delivery method so have never had to pay sooner before. Don't know if it was just a glitch last week, but all OK now. Thanks again for the help.

Login to Me Too

temp201809261w
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't we pay with other accounts sooner ... ? I did this option under the impression i could pay for something now using my bank account with no money and pay for it later after my credit card payment cleared but now im getting f'd by my credit union for 3 times the price of the item in over draft fees - can paypal contact me and help right this ?

Login to Me Too

Bobw1951
New Community Member

It doesn't always seem to work, I've just used it to pay one that was scheduled for 5th Feb, but one that is scheduled for the 8th Feb won't let me do it, (when you move the cursor over the Pay Now link it shows nothing in nthe status line if the link doesn't work), I think it works after 7 of the 14 day period, maybe Paypal could confirm this.

Login to Me Too

jinks
Contributor
Contributor

yes go to your profile and then my money and it gives you the option. I just did it.

Login to Me Too

Jax995uk
Contributor
Contributor

oh thanks for this - i search high and low for this answer, i thought i was not going to receive my goods for 14 days, thanks for the explanation.

Login to Me Too

Sugartax
New Community Member
How do you get the payment after delivery option whe buying,I bought something on eBay through paypal but the pad option was not available I was excepted to receive pad but my purchase this morning was the normal pay option maybe someone can help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only use PAD when it is offered to you.

It is not offered on every transaction you can only use it when it is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nuttytart288
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

You can only use PAD when it is offered to you.

It is not offered on every transaction you can only use it when it is.

Kernowlass, any ideas why it's only certain transactions who offer PAD? I thought maybe it was over a certain amount e.g £10 or businesses but it doesnt appear to be as Ive had it offered from as little as 99p etc

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry I have no idea on that one.

Personally I don't bother with it as I prefer using my c.c. as extra security.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jinks
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i was the same money i had spent weeks ago was coming out of my bank account when i had forgotten about it.No good at all.If you go into profiles and click on my money you can change it . I just did. I was`nt happy at all with that system i could`nt keep track of what i was paying for.Change it its easy. Go to the main page first and click on your profile and then my money and then change your payments. Jinks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.