PAYPAL AND ITS DECISION MAKING

longrangesniper
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone

I think its time PayPal Revised it Decision Making with regards Disputes for Items bought either just with Paypal or Through Ebay , Paypal has a Disputes pfroceedure that is flawed when they cannot see that the Seller is responsible for sending the wrong goos or goods that are in some way incorrect from the description given by the seller instead of sticking the purchaser with the Costs of having to pay the Return Post . Please see link below !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331607487015?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I recently Purchase an Item that was not as described and after lenghy discussions with the seller who wanted me to butcher the item to attempt to make it fit which would have made the electrical connection unsafe , it clearly shows that the item supplied was not correct but I still have to pay the postage costs for Return, PAYPAL THIS DECISION IS FLAWED  ( WRONG ) the item was not fit for purpose and you should make the seller pay the postage costs

[Post edited by moderator to comply with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@longrangesniper

Paypal can only ever get you back the funds that you processed through them ie the original cost of the item + shipping to get the item to you. However the rest is down to your choice of seller.

If you choose to buy from a non-business seller OR an international seller then you will foot the return postage fees.

However if you choose to buy from a UK business OR an ebay business seller then they will refund you the return costs (if the item was damaged or misdescribed), and if they don't then you can go to the small claims court

So its up to you which you choose and who you decide to transact with but if it goes wrong and you have chosen a non business seller etc then paypal can only help you recover the costs you processed through them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.