How to cancel unclaimed payment, re-post.

DAVE33
Contributor
Contributor

This thread does not need replies from Kernowlass.

I made a purchase and the payment went unclaimed by the seller.

I contacted ebay and they told me the sellers email was incorrect or invalid.

I have no item or refund.

I can not open a case with ebay as they say technically payment has not been made.

I can not dispute the transaction with paypal as they say "This transaction cannot be disputed at this time. This is usually because the transaction has not yet been completed. If this is a completed transaction, please double check that the Transaction ID you selected refers to a payment that you sent"

There is no option anywhere to cancel the payment.

The payment remains pending, with NO OPTION TO CANCEL.

I am being told by ebay i just need to wait 30 days, then upto another 30 days to get the refund???

What can i do to cancel the payment.

I have tried messaging paypal and only get an automated response, yes even with all the fees we pay, we get automated responses???

I can not call them, i am hard of hearing.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal would likely be able to cancel it off for you, but unfortunatly phone really would be the best way to get them to do that. I don't suppose there's someone that could make the call for you?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal would likely be able to cancel it off for you, but unfortunatly phone really would be the best way to get them to do that. I don't suppose there's someone that could make the call for you?

Login to Me Too

DAVE33
Contributor
Contributor

Possibly yes, but its a pain when you have to relay information back and too.

I was hoping to solve it via email, but like i say you get an instant auto response, no human seems to see it.

If i can`t get a solution here, i will try and get a friend to phone for me.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DAVE33

It matters not if you phone or don't phone the answer is the same.

If there is no cancel option then you have to wait 30 days for the status to time out.

Those facts don't change because you keep asking the question and I will reply to whatever thread i wish to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DAVE33
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks snoozy, i did call and paypal cancelled the transaction for me straight away, no waiting 30 days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.