Help

xnsimbax
Contributor
Contributor

So i was selling my iPhone x through the pay for goods and services , it was all good until the buyer didn't want it anymore but he sent the money and now it is currently in pay pals data base meaning it inst in my paypal balance, its waiting to be released in to my bank account once i send tracking information which obviously i cant because he doesn't want it  so what should i do ? I've contacted paypal but they are telling me to issue a refund which i cant because it isn't on my activity and now  he thinks im fruading him when im not.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xnsimbax

This is a SCAM, paypal NEVER tell you to send an item unless the funds are actually showing in your paypal account balance.

And it does not get 'released' into your bank account, you click on withdraw funds when you want to and transfer it from your paypal balance to your bank account.

Also paypal does not keep your money in their 'database' whatever that may be, they transfer it straight into your paypal balance.

I think he wants you to send a refund of money you have not received and the emails you are getting are from the scammer and not from paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xnsimbax
Contributor
Contributor

The email was sent by the customer service when i asked for help for the refund and the help desk said that they were under sellers and buyers protection so im confused , hes reporting me for fraud and i tried to reason with him and i dont know what to do  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.