Help!

P14rxy

Hi, hubby has brain injury and tried to order some things on internet this morning, he failed to complete the order but the transaction went through so the money has left our account but I contacted the company involved and they have received no order from us, I contacted the bank but they said I have to contact paypal however I fully understand that if I do contact paypal they have no proof that I haven't ordered the stuff and am trying to get out of paying for it. So I presume the only way forward is to wait until the money remains unclaimed?, how long will that take?. I have just had to re order the stuff, which I couldn't afford to do and now he is terribly upset saying he is useless. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@P14rxy

Hi,

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account OR does it not show at all??

Oh and tell your husband it can happen to the best of us and often does  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

P14rxy

It says authorization underneath it

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@P14rxy

Ok, then if the transaction is showing in your paypal account then it should be released at 30 days BUT your bank should be able to release your pending funds back to your account as they won't be needed.

Your best bet is to phone customer services to double check first  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.