Cancelled Pending Refund

Samls93
New Community Member

On the 1st of February, I made two separate orders with Sports Direct which were both for next day delivery and the first went through fine. The second order didn't and continued to say pending until the 9th of February when I asked them about the refund I was to receive back into my bank account. The customer service person asked for the transaction ID so they could cancel it and I could get a refund. After a couple of days of still nothing going into my account, I asked again, and this morning was told to contact Paypal as the money is going to be reversed and I need to withdraw from my bank account? This I don't understand, and it seems to be going on for a very long time. I have had a refund pending before, but it came up with the date it would go through on my Paypal account, this one just seems to have disappeared and I have no information, nor can I speak to anyone. As I am going to be away for a week next week, I would really like someone to help me. I also tried to resolve this in the resolution centre, found the transaction ID and it said there was a problem with it and I couldn't go any further. The one that I am waiting for a refund for doesn't have an amount on it, and also says pending. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samls93

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. However the money would be pending in your funding source ie bank account / card, so if you contact them and state the funds will not be required they should be able to release them back to your available balance again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Samls93
New Community Member

So I just need to phone my bank then and they should be able to help? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.