Bi monthly payment

peterskeg
Contributor
Contributor

On checking bank account we noticed there was a direct debit payment set up for Bi Monthly payments. The purchase was made on the 27th March and thus shortly due. As unsure what to do we deleted the direct debit.  Can you explain please? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

when you add your bank account to use it to pay sellers a direct debit is set up between your bank account and paypal to enable this.

this is so you can pay sellers from your bank account or withdrawn funds from your paypal account from buyers.

it is never monthly or bi-monthly, what you see on your online direct debit list is the LAST seller that you paid via paypal.

so on my direct debit list is £54 but that is not monthly etc its just the last time that i paid a seller and will change when i pay someone else.

if you have cancelled it then you can no longer pay sellers from your bank account unless you have your debit card linked.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peterskeg
Contributor
Contributor

This is quote from my online bank details " FrequencyBimonthly"

It seems paypal have been intouch with my OH and have clarified the situation.

However thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In that case you must have set up a subscription, to check go here >>

Paypal summary page > profile (spanner looking icon next to log out) > bottom right paypal settings > pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peterskeg
Contributor
Contributor
Not knowingly so. Payday said sorry to hear that. Thus perhaps an error or glitch somewhere. Life is life. We never had this issue before hence our concern but all sorted now Once again thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.