Argos Payment Authorisation

Jason81
Contributor
Contributor

So I made a Fast Track order trough their website but whilst checking out I received unsuccesful payment error but in fact I have been charged for an order that doesn't exist.

I never received an order acknowledgement email and there is no Fast track order on their systems. So I told them then please release my funds ASAP as there is an Order expiry date of 10 days and I can't wait for the 10 days. 

They said it is up to Paypal. I quote: "This is because the payment will be rejected by Argos as no order has been placed,  this payment then gets placed into Paypals holding account. They run security checks on the payment and then release it back to your account. This can take up to 7 working days. i would also advise to contact Paypal as they may be able to speed this process up "   

Is it really up to you?

On the payment says Order Expiry Date : 10 days from the payment date . Will I need to wait at least 17 working days?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jason81

Normally when you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

But if they have not captured it then Argos can't cancel it or refund the payment for you.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jason81

You need to ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jason81
Contributor
Contributor

Will do that, but has anyone else experienced the same with Argos? They are blaming Paypal for what it looks it's their issue. They need to cancel the order from their end so I wouldn't wait 10 days. Well there is no order as per se but you know what I mean.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jason81

Normally when you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

But if they have not captured it then Argos can't cancel it or refund the payment for you.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.