adding additional users to account

janban
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to add additional users to my pay pal account. We have a non-profit organization and several people need to get notified when a payment comes in. I am trying to add someone but PayPal keeps rejecting the use ID name. What does a User ID need to be? I tried the first and last name of the person, their email address but it keeps getting rejected, and, there's nothing there to tell me what it needs to be. I just get this error: Please enter a valid User ID.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What you have in mind can't be done using the Multi-User Access option if I understand your question - if you need more than one person notified when a payment is received there are some workarounds.  If your email client supports rules, you could create one that will forward a message to other addresses when you receive an email from PayPal.   Another possibility is to use PayPal's IPN feature however, this requires some advanced coding skills.   Basically, when you receive a payment, a message is sent to your server via IPN, your server then uses a script to send an email or emails to other addresses.

Login to Me Too

tramp74
New Community Member

I am having this problem and can not figure it out. Have you learned any more about this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.