Problem Linking BigCommerce store to PayPal Business Account

jaayoung
New Community Member

Hello all. I have created an extremely basic store through bigcommerce to sell shirts for an upcoming family reunion. I turned on the "Pay Through PayPal" option in bigcommerce and it wanted me to link to a PayPal Business Account. I created a business account and officially linked it through the Big Commerce end. While I was doing this, I received my first shirt order and they paid through PayPal. I received an email saying I had an "unclaimed PayPal payment" and that I needed to create a business account to receive it. I have done that, but the money still hasn't appeared in my account. Not only that, but PayPal is trying to get me to setup payment on my site, but I already have done that through the bigcommerce side. What am I doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

When you setup your Business Account, did you confirm your email address - there are multiple things that need to be completed when setting up a Business account - first being is to confirm your email address.

Login to Me Too

jaayoung
New Community Member

I did confirm the email address. I have also linked and confirmed a credit card. Still no progress

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.