Unable to pay with Bill Me Later

zep
Contributor
Contributor

I am repeatedly informed when trying to pay using my BML acct. for funding, that my payment is denied and I need to use another method. I do, many times as I want to pay for the item I purchased on Ebay. I have contacted BMl who says that everything is fine on their end and that my acct. is in good standing and to contact PP. I have contacted PP over 3 times this year alone and never get an answer much less any real response (non-automated). I have contacted BML more than once to confirm and am always told the same thing, everything is fine and to contact PP as the problem is with them.

What is going on? My BML acct. info. is shown in my PP acct., but I am never able to use it to pay for Ebay purchases. ???

Hope there is some help or a fix for this. Hope I can at least get a logical reply of some sort from PP, maybe here on this forum?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

craftydevil56

You have to pull down the bar at the right side that rolls thru the agreement. Once you hit the bottom , the accept & continue box will appear

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

I tried scrolling down, like 100 times--still did not work.  All of the login info is correct, nothing works.

Login to Me Too

dbkyla
Contributor
Contributor

i have been selling and buying on ebay since 2006....I went for several mos.without buying or selling...I just got an email telling me as of 6/1 that my money would be held for 21 days.I signed up for bill me later and figured I would be denied but wasn't.Now I'm worried that I won't be able to get my money.I thought your only option was to pay with a credit card or paypal.I was under the impression that ebay items could no longer be paid thru the mail...Am I confused?I need some clarification...can anyone help please?

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know, if the seller allows it, you may send them a payment via personal check, bank check or money order.  Unless that's changed in the prior few months.  I don't know why your funds would be held for 21 days?  I've sold on eBay before and they've never held my funds, but again, things may have changed since I've listed with eBay last.

Login to Me Too

dbkyla
Contributor
Contributor

When I first started buying from Ebay  and then started selling they changed the way people could pathway is the main reason I signed up for paypal.I had one problem with a customer and tried to resolve it myself but no luck so I filed a claim.I was told at this time that I could file but to be aware that most times paypal/ebay sided with the buyer.The person lived in China and I told him I did n't ship internationally but he bid and won anyway.So like a big dummy agreed to send to a friend of his at an unconfirmed(you learn quick with these kind of mistakes}address.I had described the dust bag/purse and had lots of pics showed the brown marks on the dust bag.When it arrived in NY he was very unhappy and said I mislead him.I described it and had pics as I said.I was worried that was going to even get back what I sent to NY.I lost the claim.I returned his money and shipping both ways with an apology.That still wasn't good enough from him.Now I won't ship overseas at all and found out the hard way what a unconfirmed address is.II got an email from paypal saying they would be keeping my money on hold for 21 days....I got the email the same day my money went on hold.I called and talked to someone at paypal and they said this happens all the time and that since they had access to my bank acct. and had only the one claim that I brought about myself that it was probably because I didn't have any sales for awhile.They didn't do this stuff when I was new.I don't like this at all but feel I don't have much recourse.Thanks for your welcome to the community!

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear of your situation.  That is a shame that you lost that case.  Usually the seller is right--but not always.....

I rarely sell anything on eBay anymore, just not enough time to bother.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

dbkyla
Contributor
Contributor

It has really become a nuisance and I feel the part time small sellers like myself are being forced out slowly but surely.Thanks for response and feel I won't be selling on ebay much longer either!

Login to Me Too

retiredpepaw
Contributor
Contributor

THE BML OPTION DOESN'T APPEAR ON MY PAY SCREEN. I NO LONGER CAN PAY WITH BML, AFTER LATEST E-BAY/ PAYPAL CHANGES.

Login to Me Too

dbkyla
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone explained why to you?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.