Unable to pay with Bill Me Later

zep
Contributor
Contributor

I am repeatedly informed when trying to pay using my BML acct. for funding, that my payment is denied and I need to use another method. I do, many times as I want to pay for the item I purchased on Ebay. I have contacted BMl who says that everything is fine on their end and that my acct. is in good standing and to contact PP. I have contacted PP over 3 times this year alone and never get an answer much less any real response (non-automated). I have contacted BML more than once to confirm and am always told the same thing, everything is fine and to contact PP as the problem is with them.

What is going on? My BML acct. info. is shown in my PP acct., but I am never able to use it to pay for Ebay purchases. ???

Hope there is some help or a fix for this. Hope I can at least get a logical reply of some sort from PP, maybe here on this forum?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

OldEagleEye
Contributor
Contributor

I can't understand why the thousands of eBay sellers who are losing sales because of this "linking accounts" problem between PP and BML haven't risen up and demanded that it be corrected.  They're losing $millions in sales -- especially high dollar sales that are probably most likely to be paid for by PP members with BML IF THEY COULD JUST "LINK" THE ACCOUNTS, whatever that means.

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem whenever I am paying for an eBay item.  It gives the option to pay with BML without interest for six months.  I can click on that, a window pops up requesting some info to log me into my BML account and there's a checkbox to tick saying I agree to the terms and conditions, etc.  However, after filling everything out and ticking the box, the "Accept and Continue" button will not highlight so I can click on it.  I've never been able to use it with eBay, and I'd like to take advantage of the $15 eBay credit I'd get if I use BML rather than PayPal.  I don't even know who to contact, eBay?  PayPal?  Bill Me Later?  I was unable to find anyway to email eBay regarding this type of issue!!

Login to Me Too

zep
Contributor
Contributor

I found out a little more on this issue when talking to Paypal earlier this week. Basically, I was told that the reason that my BML payments don't go through is that it is because the seller doesn't accept BML as a payment source. I guess this explains why I can use it to pay for things at other sites and not Ebay. I suggested that they update how the BML option is promoted etc. in that it creates a false expectation of payment accessibility. I didn't get the impression that they cared much but was told they would pass it along.

So, one cannot use BML to pay for auctions from any seller who doesnt accept BML as payment. Whose auctions can we pay with BML? There is also no option when listing an item to sell, to accept BML specifically as a form of payment from auction buyers either.

To further compound the confusion, Ebay states: "Bill Me Later is available at eBay sellers based in the U.S. with the following category exceptions: adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, currency, motors (except parts & accessories), also non U.S. sellers, and U.S. sellers with third party checkout. "

Hopefully they will sort this out sometime soon so that we can actually use our BML accts. on Ebay as I would think they want us to.

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that would make sense, except not all eBay items say pay with BML.  I bought two different things from eBay last night, only one offered BML--which wouldn't work, the other only offered paypal.

Login to Me Too

zep
Contributor
Contributor

I see your point. BML is offered everytime I go to pay for something on Ebay though and is marketed as being an option for every purchase etc.

At this point, I'm choosing to look at it as a reason to not spend more money when shopping on Ebay. 🙂

Login to Me Too

craftydevil56

I pay for everything thru Bill Me later so I can get the double Ebay bucks. But I have only purchased from US sellers. Some of them are Pro-sellers even. Make sure the info your putting on the form when you check out matches the  BML account you set up-maybe the info is not matching

Login to Me Too

zep
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help, I have already double checked everything etc. and nothing works. Such is life..

Login to Me Too

Sommers__Mom
Contributor
Contributor

zep wrote:

I found out a little more on this issue when talking to Paypal earlier this week. Basically, I was told that the reason that my BML payments don't go through is that it is because the seller doesn't accept BML as a payment source. I guess this explains why I can use it to pay for things at other sites and not Ebay. I suggested that they update how the BML option is promoted etc. in that it creates a false expectation of payment accessibility. I didn't get the impression that they cared much but was told they would pass it along.

So, one cannot use BML to pay for auctions from any seller who doesnt accept BML as payment. Whose auctions can we pay with BML? There is also no option when listing an item to sell, to accept BML specifically as a form of payment from auction buyers either.

To further compound the confusion, Ebay states: "Bill Me Later is available at eBay sellers based in the U.S. with the following category exceptions: adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, currency, motors (except parts & accessories), also non U.S. sellers, and U.S. sellers with third party checkout. "

Hopefully they will sort this out sometime soon so that we can actually use our BML accts. on Ebay as I would think they want us to.

Woo Hoo!!  I figured it out, and IT WORKED!!!  I emailed BML and asked them what the deal was.  They gave me a solution, that makes no since at all, but actually did work.  I had to click "ctrl+0" to adjust the zoom.  He said I needed to increase it, but it actually made it smaller--so assumed it was already the way it should be.  Why that had anything to do with it, I don't know and don't understand.  But it worked.  Here is what they told me, hope this helps other people having the same problem:

Dear Lisa,

We have received your inquiry. To fix the Agree & Continue button error, please check one or all of the following:
• All fields are completed for the Terms & Conditions
• You have scrolled completely through the Terms & Conditions
• You have checked the ‘Agree’ box
• Your zoom setting is set at 100%
- To adjust, click “ctrl+0” for PC or “cmd+0” for Mac (Select ‘0’ above the letter ‘P’ not in number key pad).
If you have any further questions, do contact Bill Me Later
Login to Me Too

dbkyla
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your help...I will certainly try this!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.