paypal overdrafted my checking acct?!

sunshin3

Hello,

When I paid for a textbook via Paypal, I knew that there weren't enough funds in my checking account but it states that it would use my credit card on file if there were insufficient funds.

Well today I got a statement in the mail saying I've overdrafted on my checking account and I have a $22 fee.

Uhhh?? What happened to using my credit card like it said?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

scambay
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pay states that it will change to a backup sorce if your checking account is to low. I was charged a INS today because of Pay Pay ,same thing happend to me. I think the only way to stop them from costing you $100s is change you bank acct. 

Login to Me Too

hotrod4x5
Contributor
Contributor

If you knew your checking account did not have enough funds, why didn't you simply change the payment method to your credit card. 

Paypal may say that they will use your CC if funds are not available, but banks and checking accounts have different policies.  Most banks will go ahead and pay drafts from your checking account, whether you have funds or not, then charge you a fee for doing so.  Call your bank and ask them about it.  See if there is a way for them to deny charges if you have insufficient funds. 

Frankly, what happened to you does not surprise me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.