credit card primary source then bank account

sloman1
New Community Member

Howdi I nake credit cards primary and bank account secondary source?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

pitman
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question.  Paypal forces you to verify your bank account and then doesn't seem to let you use your preferred card any further.  Does anyone know how to set this preference?

Login to Me Too

kalidasa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. I "verified" my PayPal account by adding my bank account; since then I can't use the credit card that's on file.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Eurykrates

When you have a bank account and a credit card on file, the bank will always be the default funding method.  You can switch your transaction to use your credit card by clicking the 'change' link before completing your payment and this would need to be done on a transaction by transaction basis.

KB

Login to Me Too

texasyankee
Contributor
Contributor

How can I get my shipping label paid with my credit card?  I does't give me the option to pay other than add funds to my paypal account which is currently at 0$$

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello texasyankee

If you are trying to pay for a UPS label you can only do this with pre-existing funds that are in your PayPal account.  If you are trying to create a USPS shipping label then you typically will be able to charge the label to your card unless your card is not active or is being disallowed by our system.  Not all funding sources will be available on all transactions.

KB

Login to Me Too

kalidasa
Contributor
Contributor

When I get to this point, the credit card is not shown as an available funding source, even though there's a note on the screen that says I have a  credit card linked to the account (and I know the vendor accepts credit cards, in case that makes a difference).

Login to Me Too

txtreehugger
New Community Member

The problem I've encountered lately on a couple transactions is that the "change" option is nowhere to be found.  I like to use my credit card for rewards and twice this week I've had to use my bank account.  😞

Login to Me Too

reggie55
New Community Member

i have been having the same problem lately.  not all sites ask which account do you want the money taken from.  i also prefer to use my credit card and not my bank account.  how can i change my credit card to be my primary on pay pal?

Login to Me Too

kalidasa
Contributor
Contributor

I found--rather by accident when I was studying my credit card account entry on PayPal for some clue to resolving the problem--that I needed to "confirm" (I forget the precise term used by PayPal) my credit card. I did this; I haven't tried to buy anything since then but I have hopes my card will now be available for use.

What bugs me is I used to use this card without difficulty on PayPal, and I don't think I heard from PayPal that I wouldn't be able to use it further unless I took the extra step of confirming it. Maybe I missed it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.