Unable to remove a credit card

Moncheri
Contributor
Contributor
When I try to remove a credit card, I am told it can not be removed because there is a pending transaction. I contacted the credit card and they said there is nothing pending with paypal. I tried emailing paypal about this but got no response (though ironically I got a survey asking about whether or not their answer helped me!). Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Moncheri, and welcome to the forums!

You're encountering one of two issues. Either the card is acting as a Backup Funding Source for a bank-funded transaction, or there is a stuck authorization somewhere in your history. If you give Customer Solutions a call, they can help determine which scenario it is, and help you get it fixed quickly!

You can get in touch with Customer Solutions by clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom of any PayPal.com page.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dantheman78
New Community Member

Hi Moncheri,

It seems we're not the only ones - I have exactly the same problem.

I recieved an email from paypal after I complained about not being able to remove my credit card. It stated that paypal are aware of the issue..... and that was it - they considered the matter closed!

I was quite suprised at this - the only resolution that is acceptable is if I can remove the card.

I'm just going to have to keep emailing until I can get the card removed....

Did you ever get your details sorted?

Login to Me Too

Moncheri
Contributor
Contributor

No I've not had any luck.  I don't have time to spend on a phone call, seeing if they can figure this out.  This should have been answered by the many emails I've sent them (never got a response).

Login to Me Too

TexanRT
New Community Member

I had the same problem and resolved it very quickly by calling customer service.  They know its a bug with their system.  I reached a CS rep within just a few minutes of phone prompts and my account was quickly fixed.  5 minutes start to finish.  Worth the time - give it a shot.

Login to Me Too

thisiswack
New Community Member

"You may not remove your back-up funding source while an instant transfer is still pending."

it's retarded. i don't have anything pending. wtf?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi thisiswack,

If there are no recent transactions, then it is probably the other situation I described - a stuck transaction from a long time ago. It's rare but it does happen occasionally, and it can be very easily resolved with a quick call to Customer Solutions. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Moncheri
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much, I finally gave in and called and yes, they were very helpful and it was quick.  Appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.