Transfer To Bank Account Reversed.

Colin-Smiley
New Community Member

Two days ago, I added my bank account to my Paypal account so that I could transfer my money out of Paypal. 

You all came up with the instant verification, I signed in to my B.O.A. web account and verified it. I chose this option rather than the 2-3 days verification method. It instantly said (and still does) that my bank account is verified. 

After that I went to transfer it to my bank account, yesterday Paypal said the transfer was completed. (I understand that means you all have posted the transfer and at this point I just had to wait for my bank to process it.)

This morning I login to Paypal and it says the transfer was reversed. I called you all and you said to contact my bank. So I called my bank, I gave them the amount, and the transaction ID from the Paypal website. They told me they have NO record of any transfer from you all to me, and that I should call you all back to resolve my issue. 

I call you all back, and NOW you question about if I've seen the two small amounts used for verification, when I tell you I used the instant verification method your representative told me it wasn't instant and that I should have waited for the amounts, and that I must have gotten the bank account numbers wrong. That is not the case. I triple checked before I clicked submit and was presented with the instant option. So I used the instant option of course. 

So now I've waited for that money almost a week, and you tell me that I got the number wrong when I used YOUR instant verification for the accounts. 

This is not acceptable. Now, not only have I not gotten the money out of my Paypal account, I've also spent the better part of my morning on the phone with Paypal and my bank, only to be told in the end that it's my fault.

Since Paypal's customer service is terrible at best, I will be closing my account after the transfer goes through, and staying away from your company at all costs. 

Thanks again for wasting my time, Paypal.

Colin

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MichaeLori
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear about it, Colin Smiley Sad

There is one more catch in withdrawal money from a PayPal new account.

Did you check your withdrawal limits on your account Overview ?

Have no idea about your amounts of money, however it is better to be warned

Take care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.