Credit card as PRIMARY funding source, bank account as backup, how?

Jakeusmaximus
New Community Member

I would like to swap my account profile to have my CREDIT CARD be my primary funding source, and make my bank account my backup source.... HOW can I do this?  I seem to have tried everything, but yet when I go to make a purchase on eBay, it stil tries to charge my bank account first!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It cannot be done... you will need to change the funding source from bank account to credit card each time you send a PayPal payment.

Login to Me Too

cmaypay
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for this info.   i got serviced charged for nsf and now i don't know what to do as they will send the invoice in again and try to get money from bank when my money won't be in until about the tenth.  yikes,  and who do you get help from at Pay Pal????I DON'T THINK THEY CARE IF IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE SYSTEM TO BAD YOU FIGURE IT OUT, THEY CAN'T AND WON'T FIX IT IS WHAT I AM SEEING FROM THE COMPLAINTS.

Login to Me Too

macktony
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get PP to use my Credit card as first sourse of funds and bank acc second . I always have more money on my Credit Card than in the bank. It takes to long to get bank money. Will the Credit Card take 3-5 days like the bank ?

Thank's ..Gary

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@macktony wrote:

How do I get PP to use my Credit card as first sourse of funds and bank acc second . I always have more money on my Credit Card than in the bank. It takes to long to get bank money. Will the Credit Card take 3-5 days like the bank ?

Thank's ..Gary

When sending a PayPal payment, you need to click on the "Change" link just below the funding source to change the funding source to credit card. There is no way to permanently set the default funding source to credit card, and so... you will need to change it each time you send a payment.

Here's a screen shot of that portion of the "Send Money" screen...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/method01.gif

If you're using eBay Checkout, click on the "More funding options" link... here's a screen shot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/dulcinea02/funding09.gif

Login to Me Too

LunaCity
Contributor
Contributor

I want to change the DEFAULT. I don't want to have to click on the obscure, hardly noticeable  "other funding sources" link EVERY SINGLE TIME that I make a payment.

What the **bleep** is wrong with the **bleep** at paypal that they don't let you change the default?

Login to Me Too

macktony
Contributor
Contributor

You have the wrong person. I am fine with P.P.

Login to Me Too

Jessika
New Community Member

@LunaCity wrote:

I want to change the DEFAULT. I don't want to have to click on the obscure, hardly noticeable  "other funding sources" link EVERY SINGLE TIME that I make a payment.

What the **bleep** is wrong with the **bleep** at paypal that they don't let you change the default?

If you still haven't figured this out, I hope this helps:

Go to the details of one of your recent transactions

Scroll down until you see the link called Edit Funding Sources. A list of all of your added accounts, bank and credit card appear

Click on the link called Edit Available Funding Sources

UNCHECK the box next to your bank account and leave all the checks next to credit cards on which you consistently have money to use and then hit save

Go to your Profile link and then click on Add/Edit Credit Cards

Click on Edit next to the card you'd like to make the primary credit card to be charged for all of your transactions and then click the check box next to Make primary card (optional) and then Save

You are now set up to automatically have your preferred credit card charged for every transaction you complete, regardless of the merchant:).

Login to Me Too

Jessika
New Community Member

@Jakeusmaximus wrote:

I would like to swap my account profile to have my CREDIT CARD be my primary funding source, and make my bank account my backup source.... HOW can I do this?  I seem to have tried everything, but yet when I go to make a purchase on eBay, it stil tries to charge my bank account first!

If you still haven't figured this out, I hope this helps:

Go to the details of one of your recent transactions

Scroll down until you see the link called Edit Funding Sources. A list of all of your added accounts, bank and credit card appear

Click on the link called Edit Available Funding Sources

UNCHECK the box next to your bank account and leave all the checks next to credit cards on which you consistently have money to use and then hit save

Go to your Profile link and then click on Add/Edit Credit Cards

Click on Edit next to the card you'd like to make the primary credit card to be charged for all of your transactions and then click the check box next to Make primary card (optional) and then Save

You are now set up to automatically have your preferred credit card charged for every transaction you complete, regardless of the merchant:).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.