receiving payment - what do I need to do in e bay

winghome1
New Community Member

I have not used paypal for some years. I have now sold something via e bay and the buyer from italy wants to send me the bid monies via paypal.

What information if any do I need to give to him or just he just pay from his end without any information from me.

What then happens to the money? When can I expect to see it and how do I get it into my bank account?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have listed on ebay then you should not have to do anything, the buyer just completes checkout to pay.

As long as you put the correct email address that identifies your paypal account in the paypal box in the payments section when you listed your item for sale then the monies should go straight into your paypal account balance.

Do  not send anything until the payment is showing in there.

As a new seller you may be subject to paypals payment hold but when it has cleared you can click on withdraw funds and send it to any bank account you have linked to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Can i warn you that Italy has one of the worst postage delivery systems in my opinion.

So i hope the item you are selling is not pricy or you insure it because if it gets lost in the post you may well have to refund the buyer...........read up on seller protection before you send any items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.