clearing times

alexwest38
New Community Member

Sold item on eBay on Sunday. Ebay informed me that the payment was made on Monday. When will it show in my paypal account? It is now Wednesday evening and no money!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You've made a mistake with the payment email address on your ebay listing. Go to the listing page for the sold item, click sell similar, scroll down to the payments section. Whatever email address shows there is the address the payment was sent to. If you own that email, or can register it, add it to your paypal account to receive the funds

To add an email address to your paypal account, sign in, click the profile tab, select "add or remove email address". You'll be asked to confirm the address by responding to an email generated by you adding it. Within minutes of you doing that, the funds will be credited to your account.

If you dont own the email address shown, and you cant create it, ask your buyer to sign in to their paypal account, locate the payment, click "details", then see if there's a cancel option. If there is, they can cancel the payment and resend the payment, either directly to your paypal account, or in response to a money request you've sent from within paypal. Its real important that they dont choose pay for ebay items if they've to do it this way because, if they do, the payment will be sent to the address on the original listing page. They should, instead, select "goods" Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.