Used car scam

JFS32
New Community Member

Scam! From Robert williams

Thanks a lot for the email. Am buying it for my son who just graduated ontop of his class in National University in California, he studied Business Law and Professional Ethics Minor and am so proud of him . I want it as a surprise package to appreciate him towards his achievement and to be delivered before my arrival Wyoming as my family lives in Wyoming .

I work with Animal Planet (Call Of The Wild Man  and we are presently offshore in US. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 15days off and 15days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking.I am already in talks with the courier that will handle the pick-up and delivery it in Wyoming.

As regards the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit,using ppal instant bank wire transfer service, I will need your bank details.If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a paypal account proper at www.paypal.com and I will make the payment through paypal, this way, all I will need is your paypal email address.

Cheers!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there JFS32,

Thanks for sharing this phishing email with the community!

This is a known scam so the more awareness we have on the topic the better.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

RLembke
New Community Member

Just received the same spam message via a cars.com ad.  SMS text first (972-XXX-5806) then email from James Bohrer (jamesbohXXX @ gmail.com).

Thanks for the post!

Login to Me Too

Schadej
New Community Member
I just received the same text and email on Craigslist.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there,

Any suspicious emails can be forwarded to spoof@paypal.com for review!

Thanks,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

StPeteGirl
New Community Member

Just sent them a screen grab of the texts I'm getting.

Login to Me Too

StPeteGirl
New Community Member

I have been inandated with text messages since putting my car on craigslist and http://www.carsonlinefree.com/.

Looks like scams from these phone numbers and emails. It really helped that other people posted in forums about these things or else I would have fallen victim. Thank you!

352-234-3791 email fvhbgff@gmail.com

704-565-9832

970-818-7484 email jamesboh002@ an email ending in gmail (it won't let me write it!)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.