Problem claiming payment

Mof990
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, well, as you can see in the title, i have a problem with claiming my payment.A person sent me the money, i received the email telling me that the money were sent to my account.I clicked on the link provided with the email but i was redirected to the paypal main page.Soon after that I discovered that the email adress had to be confirmed, I did that but to my surprise the money were still not shown in my account.I'm kind of desperate right now and i'd really love to know how that can be fixed. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi mof990

When you receive a genuine email from paypal telling you you have rececived a payment, there is never ever a link for you to click on

There is on fake emails which I suspect that is!!

Have you recently sold something in a private sale or is it an Ebay item??

Login to Me Too

Mof990
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't sell anything.The guy owed me some money.Also, I'm 100% sure its not a fake email.I knew that person for a long time and i trust him.Maybe i misunderstood the mail because he is dutch, therefore the mail i received was written in dutch but it had a link in the middle of it and i thought that i should click that to claim the money.Now i noticed that before that mail (the dutch one) i got another mail which was written in english telling me that i received the money.On the bottom it said that if the money dont show up, i should confirm the email adress, thing which i already did but the problem still persists.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Oh I see, the reason I mentioned about the links is that when you get a fake email with a link to click, it is known that once you click it and it brings you to your paypal,  they ask you to log in and somehow  scammers change the password claiming your account and money.

The email that was written in english who was it from?

Login to Me Too

Mof990
Contributor
Contributor

It says that the mail was sent by him.(it shows his name and email adress) The mail is entitled "(Guy's name) sent you (amount of money)"

Here is a pic to see how the mail looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/rQVmoLT.png

I hope its not forbidden to post such links.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Im sorry Im not convinced its from paypal

Below is what paypal emails look like:

Dear full name

You received a payment of xxx from email address
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now send any items. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

This item is eligible for Seller Protection.
Don't forget to:
  • Send the item to the postal address below within 7 days.
    Please note: items delivered in person or to a different address are not covered by Seller Protection.
  • Use a trackable proof of delivery.
Find out more about Seller Protection

Reversals:

Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have sent the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's protection programmes and following the trading guidelines, in our Safety Advice helps to protect you from things like chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

Mof990
Contributor
Contributor

As i said, I'm 100% sure it's not a scam.I really don't know why the format is different.The thing is, that was not a big sum of money so it wouldn't really be worth it to scam me. Moreover, i told him that it was my first time using paypal so obviously there were no money in my acc => no reason to scam me + the fact that i knew him for a very long time and i trust him.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok the only other thing I can think of then is is your account verified and complete?

Also to double check the paypal email address you gave him and make sure there are no spelling mistakes as it only takes 1 wrong digit for it to go elsewhere

Login to Me Too

Mof990
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the account is not verified as i'm still waiting for the bank to issue my credit card but as far as i know the account doesn't have to be verified to be able to claim payment or am i wrong?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.