Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

jannkaren

I been using ebay and paypal for all my purchases. I decided to sell some of my clothes etc that I have never worn giving me some extra money. But I cant get it out unless I have sold 10 items with 10 good feedback plus 60 days the money being in the account and then i have to wait upto 21 days. Well I need the money hence why I was selling the items and I need to post the items. How am I meant to get my money thats almost 3 months sitting in paypals account grrrrrrrrrr.

Login to Me Too

haitran2002
New Community Member

: Paypal holding my money  ..too long time.. why ??

Login to Me Too

Fosse
Contributor
Contributor

I have just emailed paypal letting them know I will no longer be selling on ebay I doubt they will respond to my email or care I contacted paypal to tell them ebay was holding on to my money this was not the first time this has happened there excuse was ebay did not let them know that I had received positive feedback then after explaining my problem and having to be on  the phone for over 20 minuets they actually looked on my account then released the funds guess I,m one of the lucky ones by the way do not contact them by email its a waste of time I don,t see why I have to beg for money that is mine .Everyone knows paypal and ebay are owned by the same people also thinking of closing my paypal account never had any problems with my debit card maybe if more people did this then they would actually take more notice and value there customers would,nt hold my breath though.

Login to Me Too

jmbtron
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so glad there's a lot of people getting in on this post, Paypal's policy reguarding holding funds is the biggest scam I've ever seen, it has absolutely nothing to do with buyer/seller protection and everything to do with creaming the interest off our money.

I have during the course of the last few days contacted the office of fair trading, the Monopolies Comission (Why only allow paypal as a payment option?), the financial Ombudsman in reguards my own dispute, and the financial conduct authority.

I have used literally 100s of these forum posts to support my claim that paypal and ebay should be investigated and I have already had a reply from the Office of fair trading who advised me that they ARE investigating and believe there IS a case to be anwered.

Personally, I'm done with Paypal & Ebay until a alternative payment method is offered, Ebid isn't so pretty & doesn't have the same traffic, but it will soon when everyone realises they are being royally shafted by Ebay.

I will post any further developments & contact from the regulatory authorities when I have anything.

I would further advise EVERYONE with their funds on hold/pending or any other way they dress up "sitting in our bank making interest" to contact the authorities themselves, the more complaints they get, the more likely they will act.

Office of Fair Trading: http://www.oft.gov.uk

Monopolies Commision:  http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/

Financial Ombudsman:  http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Financial Conduct Authority:  http://www.fca.org.uk/

Don't worry that they are UK authorities, all have European equivalents that they will pass any findings on to & if Europe takes Paypal to task, the US won't be long behind.

Login to Me Too

temp20180326n
New Community Member

Ebay users fed up with paypal keeping your money ?  All you need to do is refund the payment to the buyer then send them a separate paypal money request for the same amount . As its not linked to the ebay purchase the funds will be available . Its wise to contact the buyer via ebay to let them know what you;re doing and why . With ebay starting to charge fees on postage costs too - something Paypal already do I think its becoming clear that lifes too shor t to waste time with either company

Login to Me Too

temp20180326n
New Community Member

Unfortunately everyone knows they are being shafted by ebay and paypal but they continue to sell anyway as there is no real competition . Ebid is a waste of time . But its many years overdue for both ebay and paypal to be investigated . Ebay own paypal so forcing sellers to offer paypal as a payment option is against competition rules . Paypal withholding money is also a bad idea . I can understand for the first few sales of brand new sellers but for sellers with several dozen sales under their belt and 100% positive feedback its unnecessary . And both the ebay and paypal buyer snd seller protection policies also need to be shown up for the complete waste of time they are .  Its already a decade overdue for ebay and paypal getting their comeuppance . They'll whittle on about security but we all know that security can be obtained without defrauding sellers 

Login to Me Too

Silverbc3
Contributor
Contributor

Been buying and selling on ebay since 2004!! Last transaction I noticed that they are holding my funds for no apparent reason. I have excellent feedback. Why would they do this to a customer of almost 10 years??? Looks like greed. Unfortunately while writing this I made another sale but I have had enough and will be closing my account. They have done everything possible to alienate the seller in me. It's unfortunate but the only way they will understand is if PEOPLE DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES.

Login to Me Too

whatsgoing-on
Contributor
Contributor

a payment i recieved has been under review for allmost a week 24 hours 20 quid not a small fortune getting annoyed cant refund or send item

Login to Me Too

Paypal started holding my money even though I had over a 1000 positive feedbacks but in one month I received three negatives for bull ofcourse but whatever. Paypal's header said "while I developed a successful Ebay business" ??? over a 1000 positive in a year! 6 negatives!!! So i just dealt with it. Now my Ebay account is back above standard but Paypal is still holding my money. WTH???

Login to Me Too

loug
Contributor
Contributor
Im fuming here too,paypal have been holding the money from my last 3 transactions.Ive never had negative feedback or a problem with anything ive sold yet they wont give me MY money.This has made me think twice about using paypal and ebay I never used to have problems so why now??? 1 of the items i sold was for my daughter in law,she needed the money quick....so muggins here had to pay her her money while paypal hold onto it....loose loose situation for me arrrrgghh!!!! moan over hope everyone else has a good day! 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.