Paypal holding my money

johndunne
New Community Member

I am so sick of paypal and ebay. As soon as I eventualy get paid for the items that they are iligaly holding my money for I will no longer be using them. I have been on Ebay selling and buying since 2009 and have over 350 transactions. Since 2 in the last year ( all i can call are idiot buyers ) left negitive feedback they are holding my funds, One of which left a positive reply in spanish but negitive review ? and the other demanded a box that was not listed in the auction anyway and which I sent him at my expense. I also have multiple transactions where no feedback was left..... How is this fair? No more I am done. Ebay and paypal are just setting sellers up to be scammed. I am no longer going to use their services and I bet I wont be the only one. LOL you can have your nice respected seller certificates back that you send me ebay..........

Login to Me Too
344 REPLIES 344

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Its for buyer protection > if a seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item not received and paypal can't access funds in the sellers account then they refund the buyer themselve

So to protect themselves and still be able to offer buyer protection they hang on to the funds of new sellers until they have a record of good performance.

But if you are not happy to do that then feel free to close your paypal account but unfortunately buyers like me would never buy from a stranger without buyer protection so don't expect many sales.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hatepp
Contributor
Contributor

i have done this already they state that they no longer use the feedback as reliable buyer being happy! i have to wait until 23rd and the 20th august before they will release funds

Login to Me Too

hatepp
Contributor
Contributor

but i totally understand why they do it and agree with it my issue is that i have met all criteria except tracking as that would increase postage but i have recieved feedback the buyers are very happy with purchases i would not buy from a stranger without buyer protection either but holding my money after its clear that the buyers have received the item they are happy with the item is unfair

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes i agree.

I was unaware that they no longer accepted feedback as proof......off to check if they have changed it on their help pages and if not then they should do.

Very few sellers use tracking as its pointless for cheap items, I for one don't I just take the risk....so feedback was the only way not to wait 21 days.....which was fair.

That is going to upset a lot of new sellers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hatepp
Contributor
Contributor

i am arguing with ebay as we speak about this very point

Login to Me Too

hatepp
Contributor
Contributor

if the items had not arrived i wold have refunded the buyers and taken it up with royal mail simple as that

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Interested to know what ebay state?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hatepp
Contributor
Contributor

You can upload the tracking information about the date of deliver and you have to wait for 3 days. Second is, you can marked the item as "Shipped" and you have to wait for 7 days.

the advisor has it wrong its 7days after the estimated date of delivery that ebay estimate my case 20th and 23rd of august both marked as shipped same days both delievered the day after i posted both gave feedback the day it was delieverd, seems to me that its 21 days made up by their estimating the delivery date

Login to Me Too

Mickey51
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem as many are paypal are holding my money and im getting fed up with it. I leave tracking numbers for every item i send and my feedback is 100% i have emailed paypal lots of times now asking them to stop holding my money yet still they keep doing it. The items ive sent have been delivered and feedback left so why isent my money been released?? STOP HOLDING MY MONEY PAYPAL i know you do this to many people and your prob making millions of dollers/pounds from our money. You make enough anyway via the fees......

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The hold is important and it is stopped once you have reached 100 selling transactions.

Every single seller on ebay has been through it including myself so not sure why you should be exempt??

Its for buyer protection > if a seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item not received and paypal can't access funds in the sellers account then they refund the buyer themselves.

So to protect themselves and still be able to offer buyer protection they hang on to the funds of new sellers until they have a record of good performance.

But that is not what we are discussing here, th other poster does not have a problem with the hold just that he has met the criteria for release and payments not being released.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.