Order Refunded to a Closed PayPal Account

AroPhobic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody. I appologize if this question has been asked before on the forum (a quick search didn't bring up the question), but I need to get it off my chest.

About two weeks ago I purchased something on eBay with my old PayPal account but due-to a problem with the account itself and being unable to lift the limit (even though I'd completed all the steps, but that's another story), I had to close it and make another. Once I made the new account, I verified everything and lifted the limits without a problem this time around so I replaced the new email adress with the one used for my old account as the primary email and log-on adress on the new account. 

With that in mind, there was an issue with the eBay purchase and the people said they had fully refunded the cash to me via PayPal. My question is this: Will I not recieve that refund as the purchase was made with the PayPal account that is now closed despite my new one being the same email adress and card details as the closed account?

Thanks in advance!

- A. Owen

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Refunds only go back to your paypal account if they were funded via instant bank transfer or funds in your paypal balance.

If you funded it with a card then it goes automatically back to that card but takes about a week to process through to a bank account and a bit longer to a c..c

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Refunds only go back to your paypal account if they were funded via instant bank transfer or funds in your paypal balance.

If you funded it with a card then it goes automatically back to that card but takes about a week to process through to a bank account and a bit longer to a c..c

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AroPhobic
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the quick response. Will it only appear on my bank statement and not my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It may well still show in your paypal account history but i am a bit confused because normally you can't re-open a new account with the same email address even if the previous one was closed.

But you can add that old email addy to your paypal account as you can have x8 on the one account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AroPhobic
Contributor
Contributor

The new account was opened using a new email adress I created just for that reason. Once the account was created and verified, I added my old email adress as the primary for the new account and removed the New email adress altogether. 

In any case, thank you for your help. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.