Not receiving emails from PayPal

EMFields
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks

We've been operating paypal on our website for a fair few years now, and in general very few issues.

However about 2 weeks ago, we stopped receiving payment confirmation emails.

I've checked my account settings - they are set up with the correct email addresses - I've tested the email accounts - no errors, and we're receiving all the other emails with no problems. They aren't going to spam, they simply aren't being received.

Is the issue at PayPal's end, because it's not at ours!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

Judy_M

I stopped receiving emails on Saturday in Australia.  Only saw this by accident when I logged into PayPal for another reason and saw payments that I hadn't been notified of. 

I've just spoken to PayPal customer service and there is no acknowledgement that they have a wider technical issue with their email. They tried to fob me off by saying my ISP might have changed something. Please report your problem, as they will not respond unless they are getting a lot of people logging the same problem. 

Login to Me Too

cliffy_1
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.. In Australia Paypal email notifications disapear into thin air. As I receive no Ebay paypal notifications. Spoke to a consultant from Paypal and he said it was a bug and they were working on it. God knows how long this fix will take. 

Login to Me Too

Bookie2
New Community Member

Same for me in Australia..

Saturday emails from paypal just stopped...

Login to Me Too

PyramidOfLife
Contributor
Contributor

I reached out to the PayPal Canada on Facebook and they claim the problem has been fixed. But I still haven't seen any new emails come in yet/ Will check again in the morning

UPDATE: Another message from PayPal

Our sincerest apologies for the recent experience with not receiving notifications associated with payments sent to your account. Our engineering teams have advised that they've found the cause of the issue and are currently working on sending out all of the backlogged notifications. If you have yet to receive these notifications, please provide us with your primary PayPal email address so we can add your information to the ticket. Apologies for the frustration and confusion this experience has caused. - Randy

Login to Me Too

ethel50
Contributor
Contributor

and pigs will fly !

i have recieved only 2 emails since May that tell me a payment has been made and i have sold loads of things !

i very much doubt that my 'backlogged notifivations are going to come any time soon ....

Login to Me Too

perry43
Contributor
Contributor

please provide us with your primary PayPal email address so we can add your information to the ticket ????

HOW ? <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

think people before you post pointless 'helpful' comments

Login to Me Too

deluxur
New Community Member

The same from my end. No paypal emails after purchase or sale. Stopped receiving emails from PayPal just a few days ago. 

Login to Me Too

Machineage
Contributor
Contributor

Yup - same here. There was a blip around 6 / 7th October then it seemed to right itself. Now I haven't received any notifications for payments received or payments sent for the last few days - and I've had several transactions go through. I spoke to PP CS who are more than aware of the issue - initially citing it to be a 'BT' issue - they are no longer spouting that mantra. They said they could manually send the transactions to me - but that turns out to be a message sent to your PP message centre. Flaming useless...

Login to Me Too

CornishD
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me mine all email notifications stopped on the 3rd oct then I got them all through in one hit a few day later but they stopped again last week on the 12th. I'm  constantly checking just in case an order has gone through. 

Login to Me Too

sames
Contributor
Contributor

Same here in Australia, the past 2 days.

Last week, too. (Losing 10-15 payment notifications). 

Happened 3 or 4 months ago aswell.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.