Is There A Way To Hide Your Personal Home Address?

Chris180
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the process of setting up a Premier Paypal to accept donations on my new website. The problem is, when visitors decide to donate to help with the upkeep costs of the website, I do not my personal home address sent to them. The website has a lot of political discussion on it, and although the discussions are not controversial, I'd rather not give out my home details, there are a lot of crazy people in the world.

Is there any possible way to hide my address details when accepting donations and returning/refunding donations? Also, would it be against the terms of serivce (now my account is verified) to change my address to a fake one?

Thank you for any help from members and staff.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your only option is to have a Business Account. 

As for your other question, a fake name would be considered a breech of the PayPal User Agreement.  Should that happen, your account along with any assets would be frozen.

Login to Me Too

Chris180
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info on changing the name, i'll make sure it leave it as is.

I have recently learned that my address details would not be shown if somebody sends a payment, only buyers address's are shown when buying a product/service, and only if the option is selected to show their address's. This removes a huge load off my mind. I know my name will still be shown but I don't mind giving my name out, it's just my address that makes me nervous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.