How can I put promotional/discount codes on my checkout?

bluefelump
New Community Member

I am trying to add a part to my checkout that will allow my customers to add a promotional code for a discount, say 10-15% for joining my mailing list.

I have built my website myself with a template from weebly.com but they are telling me it has to be sorted with paypal. I see a lot of sites with this option so I assume it can't be too difficult to install.Any help/advice would be warmly received.

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

Mikeoftulsa

I am looking for an option to use more than one coupon code.  Javascript is not my strength.  I do more PHP and html coding.  tried making changes to the script using my knowledge of these languages and I cannot get it to work.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

h00pak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for this code--it's super helpful. Can you describe code for shipping options? Flat fee and by weight?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

h00pak
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this code - it's very helpful.

Can you provide a litte code insight into setting up shipping fees? An example for a flat fee and for one by weight/account profile would be fantastic.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

ACME_Mike
New Community Member

Snowshoe (or anyone),

In the example, you have the Discount showing in the Oder Summary section of the shopping cart.  I am not able to see how to get that to show up.  Can you help us out with that?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

riwalk
New Community Member

If you value money, don't use that code posted above. If you are going to do promo codes, it needs to be done server side.

Login to Me Too

loscoqui2000
New Community Member

LESP-NXS3-OYXB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.