High Number Of Skipped Payments

PPSavesLives
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Over the past 2-3 months, we have noticed a massive increase of the number of recurring payments that have been skipped when due. In the past, we would get on average 1 or 2 per week and there was always an explanation by the customer.

It seemed that almost overnight we started to get 1-2 skipped payments every day. This is continuing to happen, and even more concerning, when our customers contact PayPal to investigate, they are told that their accounts are fine and the payment should have gone through.

I jave just contacted PayPal and it seems we are not alone. I have been told that there has been a "slight increase in the number of reported skipped payments" and that "it is being investigated". PayPal phone operators have by all accounts been told to report any unexplained skipped payments.

I'm posting to see if anyone else is suffering with this problem and to see if anyone else has been given more concrete information. This is having a detrimental effect on my business.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

John_Allison
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problem. Customers with valid payment sources are having their suscriptions skipped then suspended. I then have to reply to their emails, so I'm losing time and money.

Login to Me Too

Aquifer
Contributor
Contributor

Me too - started in late Feb for me. All subscription payments since then have skipped until they have been suspended.

About to manually set all these subscriptions up again if Paypal can't help...

What's going on??

Tim

Login to Me Too

marcfittstore
New Community Member

I have the same issue, someone find what's the problem or how to fix it? 

Login to Me Too

jonbradley
New Community Member

I have had a payment skipped twice now, even though the client is a regular paypal user and has no error her end. 10days past invoice date now, and have to wait another 5 days.

Login to Me Too

Louise375
New Community Member

I am having the same issue - has anyne found out what is the cause for this?  Is it maybe due to the buyer not having any funds in the paypal account or bank?

Login to Me Too

NatalieG1

Did you manage to get this resolved? I have chatted with paypal 7 times this week and they still can't advise as to why payments keep skipping. Very annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.