Help closing an old account and getting my new one verified!!

Lindsaylou2703
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Well , where do i start...

This is a last ditch attempt to sort out my account status.

I have just opened a new account with Paypal ready to sell some items.

I tried to verify my account but recieved a message stating that my bank details are already registered on another account.

I had a 2hr converstation with a lady on Customer services helpline who searched my details and eventually found out that i had previously registered my details - We are talking years ago at a previous address - and that my bank details were still registered on this OLD account.

I tried to close this "OLD " account but encountered problems.

I managed to ascertain details of this old account. So i know what the email address details are and what address details it is registered to...

but the email address i originally set this up with is now closed. ( Because i havent used it for years )

I do not know my paypal password for the old account.

I cannot supply Paypal with a recent letter to confirm that i lived at this address as it was my mom's address and i havent lived there for about 6 years.

I cannot get paypal to email my password to the registered address for the old account as it dos not exist anymore...

All i want is to close the old account so i can add my bank aacount details to my new PP account!!!

Im stuck with a paypal account i cant use at the moment... HELP!!

Thanks LL Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sparkymcd
New Community Member

Sorry but all you get is the same old questions about security questions and card numbers lost in the mists of time.

If there was a contest for the worst customer service system (not the people) paypal would win hands down.

And yes I know ultimately it is my own fault but then no one's perfect are they?

Login to Me Too

Alethea
Contributor
Contributor

How right you are! It took me three days and being passed from pillar to post to try to sort out this problem. Finally I managed to speak to a lovely man who knew exactly what he was doing. I am now awaiting my password to arrive via post from America. This is last resort though. If this password doesn't work or I don 't receive it- what next?

Login to Me Too

Lordy100
New Community Member

Telephone number was useful and answered relatively quickly

The assistant informed me that I would need to:

Fax a utility bill with old address

Fax a utility bill with new address

Explain why I needed to close account,.

I did ask why I couldn't just scan and send to email address, apparently they do not accept this.

Onward and upward I'll just have to find all the historic info.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.