paypal have lost my money and seeminly won't do anything

carrythebanner
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment from paypal to my bank one month ago tonight; it got lost, and eventually wound up back in my paypal account two weeks later. I sent it again, after they told me it was safe to, and again, it has gone missing. I emailed them back yesterday to which they told me it has been processsed by them on the 15th. So I went into my bank and they have proven to me that no payment has ever made it's way into or near my account. I've emailed paypal back to explain this but given how hard it's been and how long it's taken, i don't have much hope they'll take responsibility for this lost money. What can i do? I can't afford to ring them and speak to a person and emails take a day to be replied to! I've had no apologies, it just seems like they''re shying away from it and trying to place to the blame on me or my bank. Something that should take three days has taken a month!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

carrythebanner
Contributor
Contributor
" I have created a request to do a review on your account to the relevant department. This usually takes 24-72 hours to be processed. After which, we will inform you of the outcome via email." What does this even mean? Why am I being pushed about like this? I get no response on these forums and the emails i get are generic and don't explain anything. It's £30 for gods sake, can't they just refund it? I've just cancelled all my items for sale on eBay because it clearly looks as though I won't be able to make any money off there anymore. I just want someone to at least apologise for all this.
Login to Me Too

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

I have today also transfered money to my bank account and told it is under review!! I then looked at these comments and I am furious!!!! This is OUR money NOT theirs and they have no rights to hold on to our money. If I do not get my money within a couple of days I am going to report them to the financial ombudsman. I suggest everybody does the same. If we all put complaints in with the Ombudsman then maybe Paypal will start to take notice?

What really Pi**es me off is that before I transfers the money to my Bank account I paid my fees first and surprise surprise they have taken them, they are not under review!!! They damn well make sure they get their money and we have to wait. Its just another scam to hold on to our money and so they can gain interest!!!! Paypal and Ebay are the biggest scammers on here!!!

Login to Me Too

tarotlady58
Contributor
Contributor

I strongly suggest that if anyone has not got their money then contact the Ombudsman/ BBC's Rip off Britain/Watchdog and also the Newspapers. Also go to your local Police station and report it because at the end of the day its fraud!!

Do not sit waiting for your money as you could be waiting forever!

Login to Me Too

carrythebanner
Contributor
Contributor

It is ridiculous! They told me it could take 24 to 70 hours to 'check' my account and it's been almost a week and still no word from them. I just don't understand why such a large, world wide company can get away with treating it's customers like this! Why hasn't this been made known to the general public? They have lost my money, simple as, and yet they are acting as though they are not in the wrong and even trying to place the blame. I just want someone to listen to me. It's so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

ScubaUAE
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me too.  Every email I send is ignored and each phone is met with "it has gone through, check with your bank"  Now the call centre staff have the tactic of referring this to their "supervisor" and putting me on hold indefinately.

This has gone on for months now.

Login to Me Too

christina19
New Community Member

This same thing is happening to me right now its been a month now have you got your money back as yet?

Login to Me Too

Bagabunga
Contributor
Contributor

For me too. But reverse. For top up my PayPal account. Seems to me someone by PayPal is working in his own pocket.

Login to Me Too

Mikemahady

<content removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.