faster payments ???

jelly-belly
Contributor
Contributor

According to the new policy updates, as of the 10th [yesterday] you would be doing faster payments [deposited in bank account within 2 hours] for withdrawing money to bank accounts..Why then when I try to withdraw my money it still says 2 - 3 days???!!!! Before you ask, yes, my account does accept faster payments [has for a long time]

please could any one advise what is going on ??!!!!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The 2 hour withdrawal times are only available to the U.S .com site at present.

I believe it will be rolling out to the U.K site soon.

Read this from a moderators post on the board.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Masty
New Community Member

Anyone else get these charges automatically refunded today? some £250's worth so i need to know it's legit before i put it to good use. Have emailed paypal to ask.

Login to Me Too

carolaaaa
New Community Member

I aksed paypal, why now, and why only from the 1st jan. heres the reply.

'' Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the payment of withdrawal fees.

I appreciate the time you've taken to bring this matter to my attention,

Mr. xxxx. In answer to your question, why only from the 1st Jan 2012. PayPal are regulated by the EU, and therefore must comply with EU regulations. All banks had to implement faster withdrawals by 01st Jan 2012. It has taken time for PayPal to comply with this change, therefore all customers including yourself are being refunded all the 5.00GBP paid for the faster withdrawals.

I trust the information provided has resolved your enquiry,

Mr. xxxx.

Thank you for contacting PayPal

Yours sincerely, Robert PayPal Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349 ''

raises a few questions, mainly, were they correct in charging prior to 2012, as they were a bank long before that. and they must owe a lot of interest on all these millions they have to refund.

Login to Me Too

kezcon
New Community Member

Two payments. 1 for £180 withdrew using paypal app says will take 2 to 3 days

2nd £410 through desktop website says needs to verify it before releasing the funds in my bank asap.

so now am wondering why has the 1st payment taking longer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.