asking for bank details again

lbfb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been using my paypal account for several years now. In the past when I have withdrawn funds to my bank account, I have been presented with the last four digits of my bank account number and asked to confirm this. Today, however, I was presented with a form to enter the bank details completely again (i.e. sort code, account name and number, etc).

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I am hoping that it was not some kind of scam as I was obviously logged into my paypal account at the time. But it was unexptected, and I am a bit paranoid about entering my bank account details anywhere (especially when I expect them to be already on file here).

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

lbfb
Contributor
Contributor

I got through to the phone helpdesk today, and I have to say that they could not be more helpful. Extremely polite and helpful!!!!!

And better than that, the person I spoke to recognised how serious and important this was to me. And even better again, he talked me through a solution. Unfortunately, that solution did not work straight away, but he did promise me that it would be sorted before the day was out. And best of all - he was correct. I have just now added my bank details back to my account again. Hip hip hooray. And thank you PayPal.

Seemingly there are a few ways your bank account details can seem to be registered to another account. But mostly it is a matter of ringing the helpline and confirming the correct details for them. My experince with them is that they are very professional, patient and helpful.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lbfb
Contributor
Contributor

I have not received a sensible or useful reply from paypal yet. So I decided to take a chance and add my bank details. I became worried when an error message told me that this bank account was registered to another paypal account and could not be linked to a second paypal account for security reasons.

This is particularly confusing as I only have one paypal account and one bank account. And when I look back through my transactions I can see clearly that I have made previous withdrawals to my bank account with no problems.

Has anyone else had similar problems? More importantly has anyone had any luck getting help from paypal as I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall here?

Login to Me Too
Solved

lbfb
Contributor
Contributor

I got through to the phone helpdesk today, and I have to say that they could not be more helpful. Extremely polite and helpful!!!!!

And better than that, the person I spoke to recognised how serious and important this was to me. And even better again, he talked me through a solution. Unfortunately, that solution did not work straight away, but he did promise me that it would be sorted before the day was out. And best of all - he was correct. I have just now added my bank details back to my account again. Hip hip hooray. And thank you PayPal.

Seemingly there are a few ways your bank account details can seem to be registered to another account. But mostly it is a matter of ringing the helpline and confirming the correct details for them. My experince with them is that they are very professional, patient and helpful.

Login to Me Too

sten79
Contributor
Contributor

ahhh some help at last ive been using same account for years now mines saying it wasnts sort code and account number, my card to the same account is registered but it wont let me add the account ??? which is bizaare cos ive been withdrawing to that account for years ! ive added my details and it says i need to fax a copy of a statement ???? why ?? more importantly i needed some money out for weds and its gonna be too late now so is this the same thing u had and do i basically just need to ring up ? have u got the number ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.