Withdrawing money

pedro252024
New Community Member

I am having the same problem was getting payments through in less than two hours hen over the last two weeks it's been taking 72 for every transfer totally unacceptable I run my business from a website so rely on the payments to buy new stock.Paypal say it's a normal review but how long dose it take? Spoke to a supervisor who said it was complete NO IT'S NOT...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there pedro252024,

Withdrawals that are pending can take 24-72 hours to complete however once a withdrawal shows as 'Completed' from PayPal's side it normally then only takes 2 hours to hit your bank.

You can see it showing as completed when you go to 'history' and click on 'details'

There is no way to avoid withdrawals pending I am afraid, this is part of the internal security system. 

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

michelle77
Contributor
Contributor

Its ridiculous.

I have had an account for 2 years and recently opened a new personal account and had nothing but issues with it.

I decided to withdraw £140 from my new account and it said it would take 2 hours then AFTER i clicked it said it would take 72 hours, if i had known that i wouldnt have bothered and would just of used the funds online and not transfer to bank.

All this after they reviewed my transaction ALREADY when the funds were put into the account and now they are making me wait again.

Im starting to think there is no REVIEW, and its just a ploy to keep the cash in the paypal account for as long as possible. 

What i would like to know is if its manually reviewed or automatically after the 72 hours as if this is the case then what is the point.

Login to Me Too

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

You got it in one my friend, read that email that comes through once you withdraw.

I glad you said about the 2 hours, I saw that but now its gone then I had email saying 24 hours..

£80 24 hrs

1p 72 hrs

1p 72 hrs

see my topic on the withdraw funds experiment

seriopusly why do paypal breach their own t&c's

Random review my arse

Ever read the email that comes through, may take up to24/72/365/999 (choose a number) of hours but MAY TAKE LONGER IF SUBJECT TO REVIEW.......

Why not the faster payment service like you say you going to use in Section £ of your terms eh????????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.