Withdrawing Funds in Egypt.

O-Abbas
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

Is there a list of the bank accounts PayPal deals with or accepts its Visa Cards in Egypt? Also what type of Visa Card is required to to be able to withdraw the funds to it. 

Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@O-Abbas

You can ONLY withdraw to a VISA card in your country.

I would think any card that is a VISA is accepted but not sure on that one.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

O-Abbas
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you si much for the reply, i really appreciate it! 

I have been trying to get an answer to this for months now, and it's pretty irittating. I know I can only withdraw to a Visa Card in Egypt, what I don't know is, 

Does it have to be a credit card or will a debit card work as well?

Which banks in Egypt deals with or have succesful history with Paypal transactions?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@O-Abbas

Sorry i am a UK paypal user and no one here can know about Egyptian cards, best to contact your own customer services direct.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

O-Abbas
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much kernowlass!

Login to Me Too

RanaTharwat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm Egyptian paypal user since 2013 but I can't give u a certain answer because the situtaion in Egypt is not stable.

I used to withdraw my money through Visa debit card however I'm facing big problem now because the amount is being reveresed for 3 months now.

I just got an answer from the bank that the central bank has suspended the transfers to cards because it's suspicious transaction. 

Login to Me Too

O-Abbas
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Rana!

Which banks have you tried so far other than the Central Bank? Have you by any chance dealt with or know any information about NBE (National Bank Of Egypt) and its cards? 

I'm a NBE customer, and I was able to link my Master Debit card to Paypal but of course I was not able to receive or withdraw funds through it. I'm waiting for the new Visa Debit (from NBE as well) card to be activated for online use, but I have a feeling it won't work!

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too

mohamedguitari
New Community Member

hello,

did you try your new visa debit card from NBE?

did it register with paypal?

Login to Me Too

hazem_mamdouh
Contributor
Contributor

Debit cards from NBE don't work on paypal, amazon or ebay.

Login to Me Too

ingyanees
Contributor
Contributor

was it Visa card & yet not worked?

Have you tried Visa credit card ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.