Account Limitation

Brad898
Contributor
Contributor

Account Limitation, I am not getting somethink here because my money has already been held for 21 days. I don't have a business just sold some unwanted stuff on ebay, Not sure if I ticked the box personal or business but why are you asking for 5 forms of ID? I have never come across this with my bank, Pay Pal why make so many unhappy costomers? 
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brad898

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has or will go through.

Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.
Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Also if paypal wants more i.d from you to be able to continue to use your account then best you supply it or your paypal account may be permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Brad898
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay and Paypal are working together, My buyers tried to pay cash but was automatically diverted to Paypal. When I tried to untick the Paypal box and tick cash only, I was unable to. As I said Im not a business and only a small amout of money Is being held by Paypal, But I can see you are still allowing funds to be deposit to the account which I will not be. Paypal Is holding customers money In a high interest account for up to 180 days. I will keep you posted.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brad898

Well I am not doing anything with your funds as i have nothing to do with paypal.

This is a user to user community forum and i am just trying to help you.

>>
You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.
Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

However if paypal want more i.d. for you then you still have to provide it if you want to keep using paypal in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.