Withdrawal reversed.

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

I am really **bleep** off right now. This is the second time. Whenever I attempt to withdraw my money to my bank account I often get this:

Status:   Reversed   The withdrawal to your bank account could not be completed because of a technical problem. The money has been returned to your PayPal account.

What "technical problem" could it be? I'm giving away 3 MYR everytime I attempt on withdrawing my money. They just return the money to my account and took the fee regardless if it's working or not, regardless if it IS by their "technical problem" which is NOT my problem. Getting refund? I don't dream that far, I just want things to work out FINE. I have linked my bank account months ago. The reason why I wish to withdraw my paypal balance to my bank account is simply because I CANNOT spend the balance if it's on paypal. Everytime I attempt to buy something through paypal, the transaction will get declined for whatever reason god knows. Using paypal has been fine when I use money from my bank account through paypal. Just how do I spend my paypal balance?

Contacting paypal through email is useless, they've never bothered to reply to me with an actual response. Just a robot copy paste. Really? I'm really moving out of here once I find away to get my stucked money out of here. Sorry for being rude with my words, but I'm kinda losing my money for NOTHING here. Please help me dissolve the problems stated above.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly we are not paypal, this is a user to user help forum.

Secondly it does sound frustrating but i can give you a few things to check.

1. Is your paypal direct debit still active in your online banking? You have not deleted it by mistake?

2. Have you got an up to date card linked to your paypal account as well........if you have not or it has expired then that is why you can't use the funds in your paypal balance.......they like you to have a back up funding source as well.

3. If you are trying to email paypal its pretty much a waste of time >> try this instead.

A.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

B.
OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Kernowless,

Thank you for your reply and terribly for the delay on my part.

For weeks now I've been trying to find a way to use my paypal balance but I still couldn't.

1. I still have my debit card linked to my paypal account. But how do I find out if it's still active or not? If you're talking about the expiration date of the card, it is 05/19.

2. Again, I don't quite understand what do you mean by "up to date" card? I just used Paypal in November last year, is there's something I need to update frequently? If so, how do I update my card? Ad how do I have a back up funding source? Is this like having another card linked to the same account?

Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. I was not talking about your debit card, you can't withdraw to a card in the UK. You have to actually add your bank account and set up the direct debit mandate between you and paypal and verify it with the 4 digit code.

If you have not done that then that is your problem??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mahinaygrace23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm in the same problem as yours now. Was this problem solved? And How did it happen? I've tried to transfer my paypal balance twoce also and it says that there's some technical problem too. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Mahinaygrace23,

Welcome to the PayPal forum and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues when you try to complete a withdrawal.  Are you login in from your home computer when you try to withdraw? It it possible that you are experiencing this issue if you are accessing your PayPal account from a device that is not trusted. 

As Kernowlass suggested, it would be a good idea to contact us via Facebook or Twitter so that we can follow up.

Thanks, 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

yuun
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mahinaygrace23,

No this problem hasn't been solved for me. 8 months later = nothing. Still, I don't quite get what the problem really is. I'm withdrawing my paypal balance to my debit card using my personal laptop (or you'd rather call home computer). Guess I'll contact Paypal through Facebook soon and see if it gets me somewhere.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

I understand your frustration in this case and I am sorry that this has been ongoing for so long 😞  Yes, please contact us on Facebook or Twitter. We'll be happy to help!

Jessica

Login to Me Too

DarelBanua
Contributor
Contributor

hello there..we've been also experiencing the same problem with paypal. may i ask how you gonna deal with it..we have already been contacting paypal via facebook and emails but no responses yet..we are afraid to send the money again to a bank account because the paypal already deducted us twice with that technical problems..the money is stucked for three weeks and we badly need that money for us to survive..please help us.. our bank acct si EON and we are using a personal laptop.

Login to Me Too

hanceejee
Contributor
Contributor

Mine got reverse too please help. I'm new in paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.